my 2016 goals

The new year is here! Welcome to 2016. Can you believe that we celebrated the new millennium 16 years ago? I for one, can not! I remember shopping for my faux leather pants and planning the exciting night like it was yesterday. Who's with me?

   Honestly, I am not one for resolutions. 365 days is just way too long to commit to something and expect life not to get in the way. I do, however, think goals are vital to making life a little bit more organized and enjoyable. 


The other night I sat down and wrote some 2016 goals. I realized that I had 16 of them and thought it was really good juju. So I present you with my 16 goals of 2016.

1. Run 10 miles a week, at least. 
2. Complete 6 trail runs throughout the year. 
3. Read 5 autobiographies. I need a break from YA and romance novels, what can I say? 
4. Be a better friend. I could use excuse after excuse here, but it's happening and expect many more phone calls people.
5. Go back to school. I have my BA, but I need to decide what I want to be when I grow up. I have a few ideas but I will go through with one of them! 
6. Take more field trips with Luke. Tucson is an amazing place and I live right in the middle of so much beauty. Once a week Luke and I will be doing an educational field trip to explore.
7. Meditate when needed. I have dabbled in this a bit, but this year I am throwing myself in and realizing that sometimes life needs to be a bit quieter.  
8. Teach a fitness class. I would label this under a dream, but it is going to happen!
9. Eat meatless one day a week. I will struggle with this one, I LOVE meat. Honestly, I love everything about it. But, I also love new recipes and new ideas, so I think this is a good way to experiment in the kitchen. Who knows? Maybe it will be a theme for the blog this year.
10. Volunteer once a month. 
11. Complete our master bathroom. I love my house and this is the one area we haven't touched, which is bizarre since I am in it on a daily basis. 
12. Be better with sunscreen. I touched on this in my "30 things"post , but honestly there are many outdoor activities that I completely forget to put on sunscreen. I will be carrying some in my car, my purse and putting it right on the bathroom counter so I can see it. 
13. Try out the red lipstick fad. Yes, this needs to be a goal and yes, I am about 2 years behind on this fad, but it will happen this year. 
14. Take a photography course. Photos are so important to blogging and I want to learn how to photograph a cookie so you all can smell it through your computer! 
15. Be a better partner. Life can get so crazy sometimes, I need to make time for myself and my significant other because honestly we deserve it. 
16. Journal along the way. I can not do daily journals, it was really apparent how boring my life was when I tried. So, I figure a few days I week, I check in and make sure all is going well. 



What is one of your 2016 goals? 

Happy new year, 




  

3 comments

  1. Great goals! I lived in Tucson when I went to school, and loved it. You'll have a great time exploring. I also love your goal about volunteering, and about teaching a fitness class. I would love to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have lived here for a few years and have explored a lot, but I feel like there are so many things my toddler can explore now that he is a bit older! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. I love these goals! I recently tried red lipstick, and I kinda of love it! I will be doing it more often. A few years ago I never thought I would teach a fitness class but I ended up getting certified to teach yoga. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Can't wait to read about these as you accomplish them.

    ReplyDelete