#freezerlovefriday easy lasagna

I am by no means an Italian, but I did grow up with a mother who can make an amazing lasagna! It is epic. We once missed our flight because we knew my mom had a lasagna cooking in the oven, OK there may be more to this story, but you get my point! It is good! 

When I started #freezerlovefriday I knew I would do a post with lasagna. It is the perfect meal to freeze and there is always a night where we are craving lasagna. When I made these, I was making a batch to take to our friends who had just welcomed a baby girl. I ended up having two to freeze, along with one for us to eat that night, it turned out perfectly. 



This lasagna is not the typical thick lasagna, it is perfect for 3 people, possibly 4, if you have two little ones. If you want bigger or thicker lasagna than only do two pans and double the layering. 


Don't mind the missing piece, my taste tester was EXTRA hungry this night!


Ingredients:

1 pound beef
1 pound turkey 
1 cup cut squash 
1/4 cup onion
2 jars of marinara 
2 8oz can of tomato sauce
1 t salt
1/4 t onion powder
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 TBL Italian seasoning 
2 boxes of no cook lasagna noodles 
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1TB parsley flakes 
32 oz bag of mozzarella cheese
EVOO

Directions:

Brown meat in skillet

Cook vegetables in EVOO along with salt, onion/ garlic powder and Italian seasoning. 

Combine all together including marinara sauce and tomato sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes and let cool.

Combine ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes. 

 My noodles were not the right size do the 8in foil pan, so I ended up having to break some off. Make sure to measure and try yours before you start loading them up! 

Spray bottom of pan lightly with Pam. 


Order:
Light layer of sauce
Noddles
Sauce 
Ricotta mixture
Cover with mozzarella cheese
Noodles
Sauce 
Mozzarella cheese 


Spray a piece of foil with Pam (so cheese does not stick to foil) and cover dish.

Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes.

Uncover and cook for 15 minutes more.

Enjoy! 

Freezing directions:

Spray foil with Pam spray
Cover dish 
Cover with Saran Wrap completely
Place directions on top and place in large ziplock bag. 
Cool completely and freeze for up to 2 months. 

If cooking when lasagna is frozen, it will require up to 2 hours at 350 degrees. I typically will take mine out of the freezer 48 hours in advance and place in  refrigerator. It is not necessary to unfreeze, just easier on your oven! 

The bottom left was the freezer version and I was giving the other three away, so placed foil (ready to bake) with the plastic lid that pan comes with!


I could not even get him to look up! He was so hungry, and he always loves his peas! 


I hope you enjoy these as much as we did! 

Happy freezing,

Meredith 

No comments