#freezerlovefriday breakfast burritos for all!

Today's #freezerlovefriday is dedicated to my husband! Ryan is my super hero. No, really! He is such a great father, husband and supporter. He has been so sweet and patient with me while I have launched this blog, I love his input and his willingness to help. The man is BUSY! He works full time, goes to school full time, and wakes up super early to workout. His day starts around 4:30AM and ends around 8:00PM when he puts Luke down for bed, long day! 


Now he may be extremely dedicated, but actually planning ahead and thinking about eating breakfast is way too much for him. I am just thankful he remembers to make the coffee in the morning! I try to help out as much as I can by making a few days of oatmeal and hard boiled eggs for him, but I can only imagine how boring that becomes. 

My family LOVES burritos, which inspired me to make them into a #freezerlovefriday recipe! Financially, it makes more sense for me to make our own burritos and freeze them, rather than buy the packaged ones or drive through one of the many burrito shops here in the southwest.  Not to mention I know what is going into the burrito and I have control of the ingredients. There are so many different options to add into your burrito. Ryan requested potatoes, breakfast sausage, eggs and cheese. 

Here is the financial breakdown for our burritos. 

Eggs - $2.50
Burritos - $2.99
Sausage - $1.50 ( on sale )
Cheese - roughly $1.25 since we did not use the full bag! 
Potatoes - $.97
= $9.21

Per Burrito (14 total) - $.66

Amazing, right? We had so much fun making these as a family.


Luke is ready to roll some burritos! 


Luke and Ryan cracking the eggs!


Breakfast Burrito Recipe

Ingredients:

3 potatoes - diced 
2 TB Cajun seasoning
12 eggs 
12 OZ breakfast sausage 
14 wheat tortillas 
Cheddar Cheese (however much you prefer) 
Salt and Pepper to taste 



Directions:

Dice potatoes into small pieces. Add to saucepan with EVOO, cajun seasoning and salt. Cook through.

Cook breakfast sausage, while that is cooking crack and mix eggs completely. Add in eggs, salt and pepper to taste. 


Create an assembly line and roll up your burritos. Roll into foil, put a few into large zip lock baggies, let cool completely and freeze. 



Here are our burritos, rolled and ready for the freezer. We did 4 a bag, so he could take a whole bag into work for the week.

These turned out easy and yummy! We ended up having burritos for dinner that night, and froze the remainder! Here is a picture of the boys enjoying their handy work. Toppings like, sour cream and hot sauce, Ryan can take with him to work the day of. 



It is the perfect grab and go breakfast for my busy man! 

I have a few more recipes ready to go for #freezerlovefriday but what else would y'all like to see? Crockpot freezer meals? More breakfast meals? Just let me know. I love to hear from you! 

Happy freezing, 
Meredith 




No comments