Happy National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!

Ya'll, we love a good chocolate chip cookie. We make a batch at least 2-3 times a month and we LOVE to share the goodies. Luke and I love making them together, and while his favorite part is taste testing the batter before we put the egg in, my favorite part is when they come out of the oven. 

the best chocolate chip cookies

To celebrate this epic holiday, I wanted to share with you my chocolate chip cookie recipe. The recipe is adapted from the original Nestle Toll House recipe, but I add in a few ingredients to make the cookies even better! 
Hope you get to celebrate today, with your little ones in the kitchen.  

The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Ingredients:

2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 ¼ cup butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 ½ cups chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat Oven to 350°

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. 

Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. 

Gradually beat in flour mixture. Add chocolate chips and hand stir until well mixed. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheets, lined with parchment paper. 

Bake for 8-9 minutes, let cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes and remove to wire rack to continue cooling! 


semibalancedmama cookies



Happy baking, 


2 comments

  1. I'm always on the look out for a great chocolate chip cookie! I love that this one uses whole wheat flour. Hope you had a great time celebrating :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! As soon as I'm done with the Whole30, I'm going to have to back a batch with my boys. Too much temptation until then.

    ReplyDelete