pumpkin zucchini bread

I love the smell of pumpkin bread cooking in the oven. A good Yankee candle is close, but there is nothing like the real smell, and the complete contentment of a good loaf.  

 I have had a go to pumpkin break recipe that I have used for a very long time, but I wanted to try a new recipe this season. No worries, I will be bringing you my infamous Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread, but until then, here is my new recipe, warm and delicious Pumpkin Zucchini Bread. 



Ingredients:
3 eggs 
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup coconut oil (or 1 cup butter)
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsp baking soda 
1 tbsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
½ salt
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
½ tsp ground cloves
1 ½ cup of shredded zucchini

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°

Beat the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until well incorporated. 



Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the mixture in the beater. 

Meanwhile, shred the zucchini. And mix into the bread batter. 

I used a potato peeler and it worked out perfectly. It ended up being about 1 whole zucchini - here is a picture of my shredded zucchini. 



Pour into well greased bread pans. I like to use coconut oil or flour based Pam. 

Cook 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. 

Let cool for 5 minutes and flip over the pan onto a wire rack, to complete the cooling process. 

This recipe will fill two large bread pans, I ended up using one large and three small pans. I was really happy with how this recipe turned out. I didn't feel like you could taste the zucchini, and I felt the pumpkin was just perfect. We ate it with a nice white chili, making it the perfect dinner. 

Happy baking, 





No comments