easy pumpkin risotto

It's pumpkin month over here on semibalancedmama and I thought a good hearty risotto would be the perfect start! Risotto is not something that I grew up eating, but I had it a few years ago at a restaurant and fell in love. It is by no means healthy, but hey I live by the 80/20 rule. Mix and Match Mama inspired me to try risotto for the first time, her mushroom risotto is amazing! My first try turned out wonderfully, and I have been hooked ever since. 

I was inspired by a few recipes to try a pumpkin version, I changed a few things and added my own spin, here is what I came up with!




Pumpkin Risotto

Ingredients:

1 cup of arborio rice (this will be in the rice aisle)
4 cups of vegetable stock
1 medium onion 
5-6 garlic cloves, diced
½ cup of pumpkin puree
½ t cinnamon
½ t pumpkin pie spice
4 TBS of butter
dash of salt

Directions:

Over medium heat in a saucepan, melt the butter and add in the onions and the garlic. Cook until translucent.

Add rice into the saucepan, let brown for 1-2 minutes. 

Keep your stock close by, measured out. 1 cup at a time add in the stock and mix. Continue to do this until there is no stock and the rice is fluffy and cooked. You do not need to continuously stir, but you should stir every few moments to make sure it does not burn. This process will take 10-15 minutes to complete.

Remove from heat and stir in pumpkin, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. 

Enjoy!



Luke loves risotto, and so far this season he has been loving all of my pumpkin recipes! Such a trooper!

Happy stirring, 





No comments