pumpkin pasta

Are we sick of pumpkin yet? Over here we are definitely still going pumpkin strong. I am averaging about two pumpkin recipes a week, which I think is the perfect amount! Talk to me after Thanksgiving and see how I am feeling, but for now we are pumpkin strong! 

This next recipe is one of Mix and Match Mama's, you all know the love affair I have with her blog! This year was the first time I have tried it, and I was so happy with how it turned out. My recipe is slightly different, with a few veggies and spices mixed in, but the main ingredient is still the magnificent pumpkin! 


Pumpkin Pasta 

Ingredients:

1 box whole wheat penne 
1 turkey kielbasa (or ground sausage)
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 yellow squash, chopped
2 cup chicken broth
2 cup of pure pumpkin 
½ t cinnamon
1 t salt (add more or less depending on taste)
Pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Cook your pasta per the box directions to al dente. Drain and set aside once finished. 

In a saucepan add EVOO and brown the turkey. Add in the cut onion, squash and garlic, cook through (about 4-5 minutes). 


Add the chicken broth into the pan, de-glaze for about 2 minutes. Add in the pumpkin and cook until smooth and creamy. 


Stir in the pasta until well incorporated and let simmer a few minutes. 

Serve topped with Parmesan Cheese. 

Enjoy! 


Luke and my parents were HUGE fans of this. It was just the right amount of pumpkin, and was so hearty and filling. You will love this edition of Pumpkin Pasta. 

Happy cooking, 



No comments