#freezerlovefriday easy egg muffin

I am a creature of habit in the morning. I like to start each morning with one egg, one egg white, spinach, onion and feta cheese. It fills me up for the day and is just enough protein. That being said there are a few days that making fresh eggs is not in the cards. I have been wanting to try egg muffins for a while now. I was a skeptic but these things were so good reheated!! Our third recipe for #freezerlovefriday breakfast style are easy egg muffins! 

I enlisted the help of my fireman and got to the kitchen! 


Delicious Egg Muffins! 

Ingredients:
6 Eggs
2-3 Sausage Links
1 cup Mushrooms
2 large handfuls of spinach
Dash of Pepper and Salt
EVOO
I cup Monterrey Jack Cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer)

You can literally put anything you want into these egg muffins. Any leftover veggies you have in the fridge will work. 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°

In a small saucepan brown the sausage links, remove excess fat. 

Add in mushrooms with a small amount of EVOO, cook through.

Add in handful of spinach. Be generous, remember spinach shrinks quite a bit when cooked. 


Meanwhile in a small bowl, add in your eggs and mix well. Incorporate all of your ingredients adding in most of the cheese as well. Mix well. 

Grease a muffin pan. I prefer using Bakers Joy, no stick spray with flour. Pour eggs into the pan, almost to the top. This recipe yielded about 8 for me. 

Cook on 375° for 22-24 minutes, until eggs are cooked through. Wait 2-3 minutes and pop eggs out. 

Enjoy!


Freezing instructions:

Just like the past few #freezerlovefriday recipes you will want to pre-freeze these. Wait until they completely cool, place on a cookie sheet and leave them in the freezer for at least 6 hours. Once frozen, add them to individual bags or to one large freezer bags bag. 
   
Reheating:

I recommend baking these to reheat. I was not a huge fan of them microwaved. Preheat oven to 350, place egg muffin on pan and heat about 5 minutes or until heated through. A convection oven is a great tool for this too ! 

Happy freezing,






No comments