How I Stock My Freezer with 5 Ready to Eat Meals!

While preparing for this move, I relied heavily on freezer meals. Remember, our house was packed 3 weeks before we left Arizona and 2 of those weeks we spent living in the empty house, with no dishes for cooking and the nearest restaurant over 5 miles away! I have said it once and I will say it again, freezer meals will save you when you have a big event. Whether you are prepping for a new arrival, moving or wanting to have a stocked freezer for company, this will be your favorite go-to post. 


How to stock your freezer for a big event!


All of these recipes are ones that you can find on previous #freezerlovefriday posts, but I wanted to make a one stop shop for them. This way you can have them all in one place, I even included a shopping list for you, so you can have a super easy time preparing to make all of these. Luckily, we received our stuff on time in Japan so I was able to make these in preparation for our new bundle to arrive and I am sure Ryan will be thanking me when he is in charge of feeding our family during his paternity leave from work. 

Recipes:



 Ya'll this by FAR my most popular post, thousands of views and thousands of pins! Make sure you make this one, it is a goodie! 





Most of these are meals in themselves, but some of them are dishes that you can add to something to make a meal. My shredded chicken goes perfect with Taco Tuesday or throw it in with some penne and you have an easy dinner. The BBQ Pineapple Chicken can be grilled or cooked on the stove top, add some broccoli and rice and you have the perfect dinner. 

Now for the list! I tried to do it aisle specific, but your store may be slightly different. If there is a different meat you want to use, by all means, use it! A different veggie, than substitute your favorite. This is just a guide. 

Grocery List 


Meat:
8 Chicken Breasts
1 pound beef
1 pound turkey 
1 pound of ground beef or turkey
1 pound of ground turkey or ground beef
1 Rotisserie Chicken
Note:
There are a few recipes where I give you the option of using ground turkey or beef. Before heading the store, decide which ones you would like and adjust list. 

Vegetable:
2 Yellow Squash
1 Zucchini
 1 White Onion
5 medium potatoes 
1 Sweet Potato
1 Red Bell Pepper 

Pasta/Grains:
2 boxes of No Cook Lasagna Noodles
16 oz. Uncooked Macaroni Noodles
Package of Red or Brown Quinoa 

Non-Perishables:
One Large Jar of Pineapple Slices
Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce, or your preference
2 Jars of Marinara Sauce
1 Can of Rotel Mild Tomatoes
1 Small Jar of Tomato Paste
2 Cans of Chili Chopped Tomatoes  
2 cans of mixed vegetables
1 Can of Black Beans
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can of Kidney Beans

Baking Aisle:
Brown Sugar
White or Wheat Flour

Refrigerated:
Gallon of Milk
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
32 oz bag of Mozzarella Cheese
32 oz of Cheddar Cheese
Butter

Seasonings:
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Italian seasoning
Parsley Flakes 
2 TB of coconut oil 
Cajun Seasoning 
Taco Seasoning
Paprika
Large Sour Cream
Packet of McCormick’s Chili Seasoning
Salt and Pepper
EVOO


I dedicated one day to grocery shopping and prep and a second day to the cooking. Both days were about 3-4 hours, but trust me it saves SO much time in the long run. Another way that I prep for a loaded freezer is by making one of the dishes for dinner, and freezing the additional dish. Meaning I make the lasagna recipe for my family on Monday, and freeze the three extras. On Tuesday I make the chili, and freeze the leftovers. Whichever way you decide to prep, you will be extremely happy that you did! Both ways work, you just have to decide which one is best for you!


Freezer Friendly Meals


Make sure to share your creations and pictures of your stocked freezer. Feel free to use hashtags, #freezerlovefriday or #SBMstockedfreezer ! I love seeing your creations!

Happy freezing, 








Vote For Me @ The Top Mommy Blogs Directory Vote For Me @ The Top Mommy Blogs Directory

No comments