#freezerlovefriday, it's pumpkin season!

It has been so much fun highlighting some fun and easy breakfast recipes for #freezerlovefriday. But, when I started this series, I KNEW that I was going to do my pumpkin muffin recipe. Those who know me well, expected this blog to be completely about cooking with pumpkin. I LOVE pumpkin season. 


Ya'll, I make these throughout the entire season of Fall and freeze loads to eat throughout the year. For some reason I don't cook with pumpkin, except for Fall and early winter, but I find it completely normal to eat pumpkin recipes all year. 

I am on a coconut oil kick, right now. Even though I recently read this article which kind of nips the "healthier" rumor in the butt. I have found the goodies made with coconut oil are much fluffier and richer, opposed to butter. Feel free to use the coconut oil or use butter, whichever you prefer. 

The BEST Pumpkin Muffin 

Ingredients:
1 ¾ cups all purpose whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
½ cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 eggs
1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
½ cup coconut oil (straight substitution if using butter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

Directions:
Preheat oven 375°

Prepare muffin pan with muffin cups or flour based non stick spray.

Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice) set aside.

In large bowl mix together pumpkin puree, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Mix until completely incorporated. Slowly add in the dry ingredients, do not over mix, mix until just incorporated.

I like to use an ice cream scoop to pour batter into the muffin liners. These will not raise too much, so I would fill all the way to the top.

Bake your muffins 22-24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove and let cool on a wire rack. 


Freezing Instructions:

Let the muffins cool completely. You will want to pre-freeze these, put them on a cookie sheet and cover with foil. Keep them in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or overnight. Once completely frozen, place 3-4 in ziplock baggies and keep in freezer. 

Reheating:

You can microwave them for 2-3 minutes, or until completely unthawed. 
Or you can pop them in a convection oven for 10-12 minutes at 275°


These two gobbled up a BUNCH of these muffins!

No comments